- Introduction: The Hard Truths of Modern Marketing
- Collaboration is Key to Building Trust
- The Rule of Honesty and Transparency
- 8 Contrarian Approaches to Building Trust
Introduction: The Hard Truths of Modern Marketing
As a modern marketer, it’s not enough to just provide a good service or product to your clients. When it comes to building trust with clients, there are some hard truths that every marketer and service provider needs to accept. Unfortunately, many agencies struggle with client retention, with a turnover rate of 30%, according to Forbes. And while agencies may be working hard, they often feel that their clients don’t view them as true partners, as mentioned on mention.com.
Collaboration is Key to Building Trust
Research shows that both agencies and clients agree that start-to-finish collaboration is key to a successful partnership, with 94% of agencies and 100% of clients believing in the power of collaboration, as mentioned on mention.com.
The Rule of Honesty and Transparency
When it comes to building trust, there’s one rule that should never be broken: honesty and transparency. If you want to build a long-lasting relationship with your clients, it’s essential to think ahead, be transparent, and always prioritize their satisfaction.
8 Contrarian Approaches to Building Trust
- Be Honest About Your Limitations
- Set realistic expectations and be transparent about your limitations.
- Your clients will appreciate your honesty and will trust you more because of it.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Say “No”
- Stand firm on your principles and not compromise on quality or ethics.
- Your clients will respect you more for having the courage to say “no” when it’s necessary.
- Offer Unusual Guarantees
- Consider offering unusual guarantees that demonstrate your confidence in your product or service.
- These unique guarantees will stand out to clients and build trust in your brand.
- Offer Free Value
- Offer free value to your existing clients as well.
- By giving more than you receive, you’ll build trust and loyalty with your clients.
- Make Time for Your Clients
- Take the time to communicate and connect with your clients.
- This will show your clients that you value their input and are committed to their success.
- Think Beyond the Contract
- Consider ways to go above and beyond for your clients.
- These extra efforts will demonstrate your commitment to your clients’ success and build trust in your relationship.
- Be Responsive and Available
- Make sure you’re responsive and available to your clients.
- By being there for your clients when they need you, you’ll build trust and show that you’re committed to their success.
- Think Ahead of the Client
- Don’t just wait for your clients to ask for something – think ahead and anticipate their needs.
While there are many conventional ways to build trust, sometimes it’s the contrarian approaches that can be the most effective. By being honest about your limitations, offering unusual guarantees, and providing free value, you can build long-term trust with your clients that goes against the grain. Remember to prioritize collaboration, honesty, and transparency in all of your client interactions, and always think ahead to anticipate their needs.